Friday, August 4, 2017
Friday Feats & Fails
Welcome to Friday Feats and Fails! You can find "The Rules" of how to participate down below!
- I haven't driven my car in a week. I was having problems starting it and then one day it just wouldn't. I then proceeded to not do anything at all because I'm broke. There's no sense calling someone to come take a look at your car if you can't pay them. Long story short, my boyfriend showed up, bought things to check out my car, opened the hood to find.... the negative terminal was loose. How loose? Refer to image below. It's also really dirty. That being said, there could be other things going on but I'm hoping it's really just this.
- I'm still broke.
- Remember last week when I said I thought I had Plantar Faciitis. It still hurts.
- I am constantly on the lookout for new things to try to make life easier for myself as someone with chronic pain and a household to manage, not to mention I'm always looking at new forms of pain relief. That being said, I really, really hate it when I purchase things and they don't work out.
- I haven't done laundry all week.
- I haven't been eating low carb, high fat, moderate protein all week.
- I ordered some plants for my aquarium. They arrived looking half dead and the fish don't like them.
+ My car has been running since my boyfriend fixed the negative terminal connection so... yay for that!
+ I managed to finish a book and start another one this week, which is great because that's two weeks in a row. Check out my "What I'm Reading" page.
+ I survived a family dinner and I wasn't drunk.
+ I got to eat at my favorite places this week.
+ I got a little time to pamper myself and was able to soak my feet and do a Baby Foot Peel. Last time, it took about four days to start peeling. I am documenting it this week and hopefully will follow up with a blog post soon.
+ I recently watched a documentary about The Minimalists. I started following them on Facebook last week and they're doing a 30 Day Challenge. You get rid of one thing the first day, two the second day, three the third day and so on. Anything can go. Donate, sell or trash but it has to be out of your house by midnight. I'm doing great. So far. I'm taking photos and sharing on Instagram @MoreCheeseBeer
+ I managed to finished the month strong with Ibotta earning back $25 in rebates. I've been a member since March 2016 and I've finally earned back over $100. I'm super excited about it. I'm trying to do better when it comes to little things I can do not only to save money, but to earn a little extra. If you're not already an Ibotta member, you can join my team here: https://ibotta.com/r/smaclgp Using my code will get you an extra $10 when you start redeeming codes. It also gets me a $5 bonus, which you can also get when you invite YOUR friends.
Write a blog post with the Feats and the Fails from your week, or comment them below
Feats: something you did, accomplished, conquered or triumphed over or something that made you want to brag or celebrate. It can be as simple or complex as you want.
Fails: something you said or did that wasn't so awesome, something that happened that wasn't so great, a low point in the week, or just something you wish had gone better...share, commiserate, and then LET IT GO because it is Friday for goodness' sake!
Follow your host(s)
Grab a button
(Copy the code below and paste into the HTML portion of your post where you want it to show up)
Check out the other people who linked up, congratulate them, commiserate with them, and giggle with them!
at 7:00 AM