Friday, August 11, 2017
Friday Feats & Fails
Welcome to Friday Feats and Fails! You can find "The Rules" of how to participate down below!
- I'm broke. It's a fail every week when I pay my bills that I need to pay (rent, phone, etc), but then have literally nothing to live on for the next two weeks. Juggling bills is exhausting and while some of the problems I'm having a due to failing to budget better earlier in the year, at the same time... it's hard to budget at all when you're living paycheck to paycheck. I work a full-time job. I have a part-time/on-call/as needed job, but they haven't needed me in awhile. I try to help my sister with her kids when she works on weekends - I don't get paid for this, but it's important to note because it's a part of my very tight schedule. I literally do not have the time or energy to get a second job. I am doing little things to earn a little extra when I can - online worker tasks, paid surveys, etc. I am using rebate apps and coupons. I'm trying to embrace minimalism. I'm doing everything I can and just not feeling like I get any relief from financial stress.
- Two weeks ago when I said I thought I had Plantar Faciitis. It still hurts. I'm starting to think it's something more.
- I'm having relationship problems. Serious relationships problems. I know that some people wouldn't share that and maybe I shouldn't either, but I'm not going to hide it. Sometimes, shitty things happen. Shitty things are happening in my life right now. I'd love to have the love and support of my significant other, but it seems that we're not good at loving and supporting each other right now. I saw we're not good at it because I'm sure he'd say the exact same thing about me right now.
- I haven't been eating low carb, high fat, moderate protein all week.
- My car is acting up again.
- My job was a nightmare this week. A complete and utter nightmare.
- My house is a mess. My regular chronic pain coupled with whatever is going on in my foot has made standing and moving really difficult.
- I made it three days before abandoning The Minimalist Challenge I was trying to do.
- I haven't managed to finish a blog in a long time and I'm upset about it.
+ I survived the week.
+ Other people might think I'm fucked up and awful, but my family still loves me.
+ I got a little time to pamper myself and was able to soak my feet and do a Baby Foot Peel last week. This week, it's peeling and it's much better than last time.
+ The upside to the fact that I'm broke, with a messy house I don't have the energy or motivation to clean, a nightmare week, and personal conflicts causing emotional distress is that I am creatively on fire. Everything going on in my life this week is like, The Tortured Artist Emotional and Mental Disturbance Starter Pack and I have so many ideas right now.
Write a blog post with the Feats and the Fails from your week, or comment them below
Feats: something you did, accomplished, conquered or triumphed over or something that made you want to brag or celebrate. It can be as simple or complex as you want.
Fails: something you said or did that wasn't so awesome, something that happened that wasn't so great, a low point in the week, or just something you wish had gone better...share, commiserate, and then LET IT GO because it is Friday for goodness' sake!
Follow your host(s)
Grab a button
(Copy the code below and paste into the HTML portion of your post where you want it to show up)
Check out the other people who linked up, congratulate them, commiserate with them, and giggle with them!
at 3:52 PM